20400 Superior Rd
Taylor, Michigan 48180
Monday – Friday
9:00 am – 5:00 pm
734-282-7171Call Now »
Get Assistance For Your Family
The community living supports vary and can include the following based on eligibility:
- Home Delivered Meals
- Counseling Services
- Personal Emergency Response System (PERS)
- Private Duty Nursing
- Laundry/Meal Preparation
- And many more
Help in your own home.
Nursing homes used to be the only choice for older or disabled persons who needed help caring for themselves. Today, there may be the choice to stay in your home or a community setting, but you or a family member may need assistance in doing so.
How we can help you…
The MI Choice Medicaid Waiver Program is a comprehensive, community-based program designed for Medicaid-eligible adults who need nursing home level of care. The goal of the Medicaid Waiver program is to offer alternatives to nursing home care.
Services you may qualify for:
• Nursing Services
• Respite Services
• Adult Day Health (Adult day Care)
• Home Modifications
• Community Transportation
• Medical Supplies
• Chore Services
• Personal Emergency Response Systems
• Private Duty Nursing/Respiratory Care
• Home Delivered Meals
• Supports Coordination
• Community Health Worker
- Want to live at home, an apartment, assisted living facility or adult foster care
- Live in Wayne County excluding Detroit, Hamtramck, Highland Park, Harper Woods and the five Grosse Pointes
- Age 18 and older and receiving state or federal disability benefits or age 65 and older
- Want to move back to the community in an apartment, assisted living facility or adult foster care but need help finding housing
- Currently have Medicaid or a pending Medicaid application
Adults who meet the income, asset, and care requirements can receive the services they need to remain living in their own home, the home of a caregiver, or in a licensed residential setting such as an assisted living facility, adult foster care home, or home for the aged. Many costs for services and care can be covered by the program. Support Coordinators will help to plan and arrange for your care in your home. In all steps of the planning process, you help to decide what plan of care is best for your situation. We help you carry through with that plan and we meet with you regularly to adjust the plan if your circumstances change.
The Information Center is a beacon of hope in our region. From their Michigan Works! One Call Community Help Line to the MI Choice Medicaid Waiver Program to their Hope for the Holidays Program, and so much more, TIC is always there to serve so many individuals and families in need. Their 44 years of dedication to area residents is an amazing accomplishment.
Former Chief Operating Officer – Administration
Thank you, very, very much. A bed like this was beyond my financial abilities. The comfort of my new bed will allow me to get a good and restful sleep. The bed is adjustable and helps me sleep better. I cannot say thank you enough.
MI Choice Medicaid Waiver Client
You do such a wonderful job for my brother and everyone who come to you.